The Contemporary Austin In-Person Classes Sept-Oct 2021

My first in-person class at The Contemporary Austin - Laguna Gloria was enjoyable. The class was Magnificent Acrylics taught by Phillip Wade. There were 15 students in the class.

Week 1: Landscapes. I select this mountain photo featuring a rocky outcropping. The rocks were difficult but I got there.


Week 2: Landscapes. I selected a phot of Barton Springs I took early one morning when nobody was in the pool. It had some nice reflections I wanted to tackle.


Week 3: Still Life. The instructor place several different fruits and other items on a large table with a spotlight shining on them. I picked this copper pot with an Orange and was pleased with the results.


Week 4: Another Still Life but this time the instructor had us prep a palette using a palette knife so there was some texture. I selected these pears as my object.


Week 5: Palette Knife Painting. This proved to be difficult as I selected a photo of abstract art. Funny story - I didn't like the way to looks so reworked it into the sailboat you see here.


Week 6: Abstract Art. We were supposed to bring a photo of some abstract art and I found a project on line and did something similar. The first one was practiced at home and the second one was done in about two hours in studio. I liked the first one best because I wasn't so rushed to complete it.




Week 7: Anything we wanted. I selected an ambitious attempt of a piece of art that we saw in Sausalito years ago and Joan really loved. The one below is my practice piece. I will post the final work of art later this month!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arms of the Fisherman

Ice Cream at Hilltop